Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Vintage decor ideas for your wedding

With vintage being quite a popular decor style for many brides, we decided to ask Carla from Moi Decor what she recommends to produce that vintage look effortlessly.

"The key thing is to not worry if everything doesn’t match exactly. It doesn’t have to be perfect," says Carla. The charm with going vintage with a shabby chic or even a rustic twist is that it's laid back and you have carte blanche in terms of matching what you like. The trick is to not go too overboard or get it too cluttered.

Vintage books as props or centrepieces:
Books piled up and bound with string or twine is a lovely way to incorporate the vintage theme. You can take it a step further by also opening the books and have them function as a display for your table number and your menu.
Photo credit: {zarazoo.com}

Typewriters:
These add a touch of nostalgia and are a great prop to create a vintage display. If you can get an older typewriter to work, even better, as it can function as tool for your guestbook table where your guests can write a message.

Photo credit: {blackframephotography.co.za}

Milk cans and crates: Tap into the barnyard country chic look with some of these items to add authenticity and focal points for your event.
Photo credit: {www.intimateweddings.com}

Photo credit: {travelpod.com}

Suitcases:
This is also an easy way to set the vintage tone and they make great props for photos. You can use suitcases for confetti, your guest cards, or to house your wedding favours.
 
Photo credit:{onthegobride.com}

Shutters:
This is a great way to display your table seating or your menu. You can even use it as a backdrop for photos.
Photo credit: {moidecor.co.za}

Lemonade bottles and Glass Beverage dispensers:
This is a great touch for your beverage table and creates a wonderful focal point. Dress up your little bottles with some ribbon and use some cute straws to perfect the look.
Photo credit: {moidecor.co.za}

Photo credit: {stylmepretty.com}

Scales:
Old school scales are also a great way to add some vintage cuteness to either your buffet or candy table (use them as tart or cakes stands) or a guest table, with some pretty flowers placed on top.
Photo credit: {hannalee.co.za}

Baby trophies and teacups:
These are so cute and can be peppered throughout the table settings, housing little roses or just left plain as is.

Photo credit: {blackframephotography.co.za}
Photo credit: {moidecor}

For some DIY tips, consider handmade bunting or pom poms (tutorial can be found here) and some country flowers such as lavender and babys breath.

For more ideas on how to perfect your vintage look for your big day, visit moidecor.co.za. Happy Planning!

6 comments:

  1. I was exactly looking for this kind of decorations, which are completely based on flowers and looks really very elegant.




    DJ Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to share my testimony to every one,i have be married to my husband for 4 years now and things where alright on till he found a girl that separated both of of us in just less than 2 weeks he saw her i have pleaded with him several times but still yet he would not even listen to me for once on phone i just had to report him to his parents but his behavior over the new girl was just still the same.I loved him so much and i never knew he would ever treat me like this,i was seeking for advice on marriage counseling when i saw a woman testified that she got her husband back through this powerful spell caster Priest Ajigar and his email was also mentioned on the blog site (priestajigarspells@live.com) to cut my story short i contacted him and within 48 hours the both of them had serous quarreled and on the next day he called me on phone and start begging me to forgive him and lets move on again that he just broke up with her i was so so happy to hear him said he has broke up with the new Girl and after 2 hours he came to see me.I am very lucky i contacted Priest Ajigar for help and i am also happy that he was able to help me too so for all out there seeking for this kind of help you can reach him on(priestajigarspells@live.com)

    ReplyDelete

  3. Be careful here nobody can help you here or even suggest how you can get your ex or love back,any testimonies of most spell caster here must be ignore.because most of them are scam i mean real scam which i was a victim and i got ripped of thousands of dollars because i was so anxious to get my wife back after she left me for over 2 years with my 7 years old son jerry,i have applied to 7 different spell caster here and all to no avail they all ask for same thing send your name your ex name address and picture phone number etc which i did over and over again and most of them were from west Africa until i saw a post about mama Anita spell and i decided to gave her my last trail.she ask me four things my real name,my ex and my ex mother name and $180 and said my ex will come back in 24hours, i have paid over $3000 on spell casting and courier and nothing have work for me after 3 days i was thinking about how much i have lost so far so i said let me give her a try so i called her again and send my real name,my ex and my ex mother name and the $180 because i swear it was my last try so i was waiting as she told me to wait till next day and i could not sleep that night because i really love my wife and want her back at 9pm that day i saw my wife on line on face book and she said hi at first i was shock because she never talk with me for the past a year and 9 month now i did not reply again she said are you there? i quickly reply yes and she said can we see tomorrow i said yes and she went off-line i was confused i try to chat her again but she was no more on line i could not sleep that night as i was wondering what she is going to say, by 7.am the next morning she gave me a miss call i decided not to call back as i was still on shock again she call and i pick she said can we see after work today i said yes so she end the call immediately i got off work she call me and we meet and now we are back again i call mama Anita the next day thanking her for what she has done in fact i still call her and thank her as my life was not complete without my wife please be careful here i have been scam thousands of dollars if you want a true love spell then contact mama Anita (mama.anitatruelovespell@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in USA a country where Divorce cases seems to be the order of the day,i was married to my husband Lawson for 18 years and we were living happily together with our 3 kids and all of a sudden their came this sad moment for the first time in my life i curt my husband having an affair with a lady outside our marriage before this time i have already started noticing strange behavior like he used to spend some time with us, comes home early after work but since he started having an affair with this lady all his love for his wife gone and he now treats me badly and will not always make me happy.I had to keep on moving with my life never knowing that our marriage was now leading to divorce which i can not take because i love Lawson my husband so much and i can't afford to loose him to this strange Lady,i had to seek a friends advice on how i could resolve my marriage problem and make the divorce case not to take place and my husband live this Lady and come back to me again having heard my story my friend decided to help me at all cost she then referred me to A spell caster named Priest Malawi, my friend also told me that Priest Malawi have helped so many people that were going through divorce, and also finding possible ways to amend their broken relationship. To cut my story short i contacted Priest Malawi and in just four days after the spell was done my husband left the other lady and withdrew the divorce case all till now my husband is with me and he now treats me well and we are living happily together again all appreciation goes to Priest Malawi, i never could have done this my self, so to whom it may concern if you are finding difficulty in your relationship or having problems in your marriage just contact Priest Malawi he is Powerful and his spell works perfectly,i am somebody who never believed or heard about spell but i gave it a try with Priest Malawi and today every thing is working well for me and if you need his help his email is (spellofsolutiontemple@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A shocking testimony of how i got back my husband. Getting him back after separation was a very difficult issue for me because he went to settle down with another lady, i already had two children for him already. I have tried to make contacts with him to come back home yet he refuse, each time i look at his kids i become more sad and i needed him at my side to raise the children together. I was so lucky i finally got the help i needed, i went on a search and i saw Priest Ajigars contact. People say he is a very powerful spell caster that he can put an end to relationship problem, fertility issues, causes that disturb destiny, he is also good in curing different diseases. He is such a special man gifted with powers and reliable spell caster that have a cure to most problems of life. My husband is back to me and we are living happily as it used to be, Priest Ajigar have done what i could never have done with my own powers, i'm also very happy that i will have a very lovely Christmas with my family here is USA. Here is his email in case you need help too (priestajigarspells@live.com)

    ReplyDelete

  6. I had doubts about magic spells after purchasing many spells that never worked I actually decided to never buy a spell again. I have tried different spell casters..Some of them never answered me after I paid and were obvious scammers, some really cast a spell but for some reason it didn't work. Then I saw a video on you-tube with a person who was mentioning she had results with Mama Anita. Despite the suspicions I had her site looked real so I gave spells a last try. It's probably the best decision I ever made in my life because it worked and my boyfriend came back with me After I broke up with him I spent a lot of time wishing that I could just turn the clock backwards.He helped me do just that. In fact our relationship feels like the break up never even happened. We have never been this happy or passionate, all thanks to mama Anita. If you're looking for a good spell caster look no further,you can contact her straight on (magic.lovespel@reincarnate.com).or (mama.anitaspellcraft@hotmail.com) or (mamaanita.lovespellsolution@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete